Ten Things I Love is all about focusing on what we love, admire and appreciate about ourselves and others, in order to put love back into our lives, our communities, our relationships and the world.
As a society we tend to focus on the negative aspects about life and the people in it. We notice flaws instead of strengths. We focus on problems instead of solutions; criticize instead of praise. We notice everything that went wrong, instead of everything that went right. We look through the eyes of judgment instead of the eyes of love. I created Ten Things I Love to help people shift their focus from what they judge to what they love.
The more we talk about love, the stronger it grows in consciousness. – Charles Fillmore
I agree that the more we talk about love, focus on love, express love, the stronger it grows in consciousness. Ten Things I Love is one of the ways I am helping others do that. If you want to raise your consciousness of love, start by downloading my ebooklet called 50 Ways to Raise Your Consciousness of Love. You will get it for free when you sign up for my newsletter.
The Ten Things I Love Challenge
I am on a mission to get 1,000,000 people to take the Ten Things I Love challenge. Will you participate? All you have to do is take a few moments out of your day to contemplate some of the things that are meaningful to you about life and the people you share it with, and write them down below as a list of ten things you love. For inspiration, read some of the other comments or watch these videos. Here is my list:
- I love looking at old family pictures, and reliving happy memories. It is fun remembering all the boating trips we used to take and the vacations we went on together.
- I love reading quotes that inspire me. If I feel the need to be inspired I go to the internet and start reading some of my favorite quotes. It perks me right up!
- I love listening to music that fuels my soul. All I have to do is watch a video or listen to a song I love of some of my favorite artists and it puts me right back into a positive place.
- I love it when I laugh so hard that I cry, especially when my family is staring at me wondering what is so funny. Sometimes all I have to do is think about when this has happened in the past and it gets me laughing all over again.
- I love talking to my friends on Twitter and Face book. It’s nice to have friends that have the same interests as me because then we can talk about all the things we love with each other.
- I love sitting on the front porch on a summer morning before the day begins, just listening to the sounds of nature. It makes me feel calm inside.
- I love watching my favorite movies over and over again. All I have to do is put it in a movie like “Almost Famous” and the energy inside me instantly changes.
- I love scratching my dog’s belly and giving him love. There’s nothing quite like the unconditional love of a pet.
- I love it when something I’ve written has touched someone else’s heart. I love it when comments are left on my articles. All I have to do is read some of those comments and I feel the love from the people who wrote them.
- I love playing with my grandkids. Their positive energy always fuels mine. They get me moving. They get me down on the floor playing trains with them. They get me outside kicking the ball with them. They get me dancing at the end of Despicable Me with them. It’s a blast!
Here is another great example by Lauren Macdonald.
So what are ten things you love? Take the challenge and share your list below.