Ten Things I Love is about inspiring people to love and be loved (to treat themselves and others with love,) by encouraging people to find things they love, value, admire, and appreciate about themselves and others.
Doing this opens your heart, and when your heart is open, love is allowed to flow through it. When love is allowed to flow, it has life enhancing effects on your body, mind and soul. Not to mention your relationships, your health, your communities, and the world. When you suppress love (by closing off your heart) it has destructive effects on those things, as well as your body, mind and soul.
As a society we tend to focus on the negative aspects about life and the people we share it with. We notice flaws instead of strengths. We focus on problems instead of solutions; criticize instead of praise. We notice everything that is wrong with someone, instead of everything that is right with someone. We look through the eyes of judgment instead of the eyes of love. I created Ten Things I Love to help people shift their focus from what they judge to what they love.
Video of the Week
If you have a mother or a father, tell them how much you love them. – Marc Mero
What are some of the things you love about life and the people you share it with? Write them down below as a list of ten things you love. For inspiration, read some of the other comments or watch these videos. Here is my list:
- I love looking at old family pictures, and reliving happy memories. It is fun remembering all the boating trips we used to take and the vacations we went on together.
- I love reading quotes that inspire me. If I feel the need to be inspired I go to the internet and start reading some of my favorite quotes. It perks me right up!
- I love listening to music that fuels my soul. All I have to do is watch a video or listen to a song I love of some of my favorite artists and it puts me right back into a positive place.
- I love it when I laugh so hard that I cry, especially when my family is staring at me wondering what is so funny. Sometimes all I have to do is think about when this has happened in the past and it gets me laughing all over again.
- I love talking to my friends on Twitter and Face book. It’s nice to have friends that have the same interests as me because then we can talk about all the things we love with each other.
- I love sitting on the front porch on a summer morning before the day begins, just listening to the sounds of nature. It makes me feel calm inside.
- I love watching my favorite movies over and over again. All I have to do is put it in a movie like “Almost Famous” and the energy inside me instantly changes.
- I love scratching my dog’s belly and giving him love. There’s nothing quite like the unconditional love of a pet.
- I love it when something I’ve written has touched someone else’s heart. I love it when comments are left on my articles. All I have to do is read some of those comments, and I feel the love from the people who wrote them.
- I love playing with my grandkids. Their positive energy always fuels mine. They get me moving. They get me down on the floor playing trains with them. They get me outside kicking the ball with them. They get me dancing at the end of Despicable Me with them. It’s a blast!
Here is another great example by Lauren Macdonald.
So what are ten things you love? Take the challenge and share your list below.